FAQs for Noise Induced Hearing Loss Claims

FAQs for Noise Induced Hearing Loss Claims
FAQs for Noise Induced Hearing Loss Claims
FAQs for Noise Induced Hearing Loss Claims

If you are suffering from Noise Induced Hearing Loss or Industrial Deafness, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.

Roberts Jackson solicitors are dedicated to supporting people both before and throughout their claims. So that you can gain a better understanding of the process as well as how simple and straightforward it can be with our support, we have answered some of the frequently asked questions hearing loss sufferers tend to ask us.

Which workers are more at risk of noise induced hearing loss?

Employees exposed to a loud working environment are more at risk of sustaining noise induced hearing loss or industrial deafness.

Workers within such industries as construction and manufacturing as well as tradesmen and night clubs are susceptible to hearing damage. Meanwhile, those who have been employed in shipyards, coal mines and textile mills may have also been exposed to a lot of noise pollution.

If provided with the correct safety equipment and procedures, workers are less likely to develop a hearing problem. However if adequate protection is not available, employees exposed to loud noise are at a higher risk of losing their hearing.

What are the main signs of noise induced hearing loss?

Temporary hearing loss is an early warning sign of noise induced hearing loss. If you suffer from this symptom, we would recommend that you inform your employer as they can implement additional health and safety measures in order to prevent your hearing from worsening.

Other Noise Induced Hearing Loss symptoms can include muffled hearing, ringing ear, ear pressure and a reduction in sound quality.

What are the main work-related causes?

Noise Induced Hearing Loss and Industrial Deafness can be caused by continuous exposure to a steady stream of loud noise, loud repetitive blasts and even single deafening sounds, which can be caused by an explosion or machine fault. Employers should have health and safety measures in place to control these occupational hazards and protect the hearing of their employees.

How can I prove that my deafness is noise induced?

We would recommend that you visit your GP for an official diagnosis. They can refer you to a medical specialist, who will be able to identify your hearing problem and determine whether or not it has been caused by your working environment.

Alternatively, you can get in contact with the Roberts Jackson team directly and we will organise a medical assessment on your behalf.

How do I claim for loss of hearing?

The claims process is simple and straightforward with Roberts Jackson. Once we have gathered all the information we need from you, a dedicated team will look after your claim from start to finish. We will also try to keep contact minimal, allowing you to stay up-to-date with the process while also giving you an opportunity to get your life back to normal.

For further information on pursuing a claim for compensation with us, visit our claim guide where we run through the process step-by-step.

How much compensation will I receive for noise induced hearing loss?

The compensation awarded to noise induced hearing loss sufferers can differ from person to person.

Roberts Jackson solicitors are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for all our claimants. The legal team will work hard to calculate and negotiate your payout to make sure that you are fully compensated for any pain and suffering, financial setbacks and medical treatment you face both now and in the future.

Can I still claim if my former employer or organisation is no longer trading?

You can still pursue a claim for compensation if the responsible organisation is no longer in business, as long as you are within the three year time limit. Our solicitors will get in contact with the insurance provider directly, who will be responsible for providing you with the compensation you deserve.

If you have any further questions about pursuing a claim for compensation, contact us on 0800 001 4496. Our friendly and knowledgeable team will be more than happy to offer you free and impartial legal advice and even begin your claims process if we believe that it is in your best interests.