Roberts Jackson CEO, Karen Jackson, a Big Hit at PI Futures Conference
For the second year, Legal Futures, one of the legal sector’s leading news resources, held a conference in Manchester to discuss the changes and future of the personal injury sector. With speakers lined up from PI firms across the North West, including Bott & Co, Express Solicitors and our very own Karen Jackson, the event was sure to be extremely insightful for firm owners and practitioners alike.
Also speaking at the event was Tim Livesley from the Solicitors Regulation Authority, to shed some light on how the PI sector is being regulated since the Jackson reforms and beyond. Amongst the legal faces in the crowd, Duncan Watts of business giant Google was also in attendance to share an insight into the digital future of the legal market.
Karen attended the event as a guest speaker to explain Roberts Jackson’s direction and how the firm has managed to grow and thrive in such a demanding market over recent years. There was plenty of positivity on social media about her speech, and below we have highlighted some of the buzz that surrounded the event as it was going on, especially the hugely positive praise Karen received.
- #pifutures “We’ll survive this – we’ll just be different”. Great to hear such a positive outlook from Karen Jackson of @1RobertsJackson
- @MattCasson79: Words of wisdom from @davebott and Karen Jackson from @1RobertsJackson at #PIFutures. Focus on profit, focus on the customer.
- #pifutures great to hear Karen Jackson talk about her experience in private equity @1RobertsJackson
- @tsspeedmedical: Excellent outline on the future by Karen Jackson of @1RobertsJackson #pifutures Impressive lady.
- Karen Jackson says “don’t buy junk!” Re cases, “look at your model” start with the basics. Good advice. @1RobertsJackson #pifutures
- #pifutures Karen Jackson telling the industry how it is @1RobertsJackson
- Karen from @1RobertsJackson saying noise induced hearing loss is not “the next whiplash” Fraud almost impossible #PIFutures
- Excellent outline on the future by Karen Jackson of @1RobertsJackson #pifutures Impressive lady.
- Karen Jackson @1RobertsJackson: “Get big or get niche… or do both!” #PIFutures
- @1RobertsJackson Karen Jackson speaking sense re future of law firms @legalfutures#PIconf
This year’s conference was held at the Science and Industry Museum based in the Castlefield area of Manchester city centre. The conference appeared to be a huge success and chair, Neil Rose from Legal Futures, was again on hand to make sure the day’s schedule ran smoothly.
Next month the Manchester Law Society PI Conference is due to take place at the Hilton Hotel in Manchester. Karen will also be speaking at this event, this time covering “Changes in the market place and the future of PI & Disease”. If you wish to attend next month’s event, tickets and the schedule are available here: http://www.manchesterlawsociety.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Personal-Injury-Conference-application-form.pdf#sthash.kMffXvSx.dpuf