9 Million days lost to workplace musculoskeletal pain last year
The UK lost 8.8 million working days to work-related musculoskeletal disorders or WRMSD’s in 2016 according to latest statistics release by the Health & Safety Executive.
Although this figure doesn’t differ greatly from previous years, the impact on businesses is nevertheless shocking. Musculoskeletal disorders are the most common type of work-related illnesses amounting to 41 per cent of all workplace sicknesses. WRMSD includes neck and back pain, tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive strain injury.
WRMSDs are associated with work patterns that include:
- Fixed or constrained body positions
- Continual repetition of movements
- Force concentrated on small parts of the body, such as the hand or wrist
- A pace of work that does not allow sufficient recovery between movements
Heat, cold and vibration also contribute to the development of WMSD.
Roberts Jackson are Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorder Solicitors and specialise in these claim types. The firm can not only help you gain maximum compensation for you or a loved one’s suffering, we can also help you claim for medical expenses, lost wages and other possible out of pocket expenses.
- You do not need a diagnosis from your GP to make a successful claim for compensation.
- Every day, six people in the UK leave their jobs due to an RSI condition.
- A Data Input Clerk received record compensation for her RSI claim – £484,000.
- 1 in 50 of all workers in the UK have reported and RSI condition.
- RSI sufferers take, on average, take 19 days off work per year.
We will find out exactly what you are entitled to and make sure that you get it. It’s a simple process and one that we have had years of experience in.
Contact us on 0800 612 3152 or complete an online assessment.
Our services are free, and our claims for compensation are run under a No Win No Fee policy so claiming will not cost you a penny.