There are many occupational chest conditions and diseases, some of which are very serious, others are more minor. In any event we would advise you to visit your GP for a diagnosis to give you peace of mind and for us to assess your claim with accuracy.
Some of the Chest conditions are:
Asbestosis – Scarring of the lungs through prolonged exposure to a different types of Asbestos
Mesothelioma – Incurable cancer related to any period of exposure to Asbestos. Life expectancy is very short from the date of diagnosis.
Pleural Thickening – Also related to Asbestos, Pleural Thickening causes damage to the wall between the lung and rib cage.
- Mesothelioma – £35,000 – £83,750
- Lung Cancer – £51,500 – £66,000
- Asbestosis – £31,500 – £69,500
- Pleural Thickening – £25,250 – £51,500
Asthma – An inflammatory disease of the airways. Symptoms are usually coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath. It can be caused by breathing in fumes or substances foreign to the human body.
- Severe disabling asthma – £28,250 – £43,000
- Chronic asthma – £17,250 – £28,250
- Bronchitis and wheezing – £12,600 – £17,250
- Relatively mild symptoms – £7,000 – £12,600
- Mild asthma, bronchitis, colds and chest problems – Up to £3,400